Objectives: The main objective of this project is to build a network of DIH (Digital Innovation Hubs) in agriculture within a European coverage.
The project aims to create a European network of services offered by DIHs with the appropriate quality and coverage. The methodology to achieve this objective will start by involving previously existing DIH and Competency Centers with different capacities. As part of the project, innovation experiments and open calls will be carried out.
Lines of action: The project will fulfill the actions listed below:
- Generation of cooperative relationships among European DIH.
- Provision of support and training to qualify DIH and help them into the developing of their networks, communications and other tools and associated services they may need.
- Identification of particular regional characteristics, actors and funding sources available to face the identified challenges.
- Launching of open calls managed by DIH and directed to stakeholders engagement.
- Developing of experiments and flaghship projects resulting from open calls.
- Analyisis of agri-food producer and DIH needs in relation to digital transformation.
- Supporting the creation of new DIH, the DIH network and the DIH Observatory.
- Establishment of a European network within Digital Competency Centres of excellency.
Partners: There are 108 partners while the consortium is led by the Stichting Wageningen Research (The Netherlands).
Budget: 22,423,146.00 €
Lenght of the project: 48 months
REGIONAL IBERIA CLUSTER
All DIH in the European Union are aligned with new regional groups, led by organizations that are closely related to national or regional digitization initiatives and funds.The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Sustainable Development leads the Regional Iberia Cluster that brings together the IHL of Spain and Portugal and through which seeks to establish an ecosystem of innovation in the peninsula open to all sectors related to agri-food.
At this moment, 19 DIH (14 from Spain and 5 from Portugal) are part of this cluster that seeks to improve coordination and collaboration between them, the competence centers and the initiatives of emblematic experiments of the Iberian Peninsula.