Objectives: POWER4BIO aims to empower regional actors to drive the transition to the bioeconomy in 10 European regions. This will be achieved by providing them with the necessary tools, instruments and advice for the development and implementation of sustainable bioeconomy strategies.
In addition, Power4Bio will rely on a comprehensible learning programme to promote regional and interregional knowledge transfer among sectors for the joint development of sustainable value chains across the bioeconomy.
Lines of action: The project will develop the lines of action as it follows:
- Development of an accelerator toolkit for regional bioeconomy strategies.
- Identification and characterisation of the most relevant solutions for the production of the main bio-products and their markets, paying special attention to already mature technologies to be implemented in small-scale installations in rural areas.
- Preparation of a guide on how to access funding available for the design of new instruments, strategies and processes.
- Establishment of Regional Bioeconomy Hubs (RBHs) in Central and Eastern European regions.
- Development of regional circular bioeconomy strategies and roadmaps of them across the EU.
- Organisation of events as workshops, meetings or conferences to exchange experiences.
- Design of training programmes for regional stakeholders.
- Communication and dissemination of the results of the project to partners and regions of interest.
Partners: The project is formed by 17 partners:
- Fundación Circe Centro de Investigación de Recursos y Consumos Energéticos (ES)
- DBFZ Deutsches Biomasseforschungszentrum Gemeinnuetzige GMBH (DE)
- Stichting Wageningen Research (NL)
- Meta Group SRL (IT)
- Agrargazdasagi Kutato Intezet (Hungary)
- EPC - Projektgesellschraft Fur Klima Nachhaltigkeit. Kommunikation MBH, Gemeinnutzig (DE)
- Draxis Environmental S.A. (EL)
- Bay Zoltan Alkalmazott Kutatasi Kozhasznu Nonprofit KFT (HU)
- 9 Ukrainian National Forestry University (Ukraine)
- Consejería de Agricultura, Ganadería, Pesca y Desarrollo Sostenible (ES)
- Mazowiecka Agencja Energetyczna Spzoo (Poland)
- Jihoceska Univerzita V Ceskych Budejovicich (CZ)
- Chemie Cluster Bayern GMBH (Germany)
- Spring Sustainable
Budget: € 2,969,893.75
Length of the project: 30 months
More information: Power4Bio